[Ford-ferguson] Trackson update

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Fri Sep 29 05:26:35 PDT 2006

  Howdy all;
Well the "take apart" is coming along well.  Pistons are yielding to the
electrolysis soup, 1 down, three to go.  So far no "sinking feeling" as no
cracks or frost heave are noted.

  I have some reference material but none that show factory spec's. such as
valve lash, Main/rod bearing clearance, cam bearing clearances and
such....hopefully someone can direct me where to find these.

  I have noticed the main bearing inserts are quite thin, but there's still
a pretty good stackup of shims under the caps so was wondering if they were
fairly thin at the start.  Not very comfortable with them being that thin
and re-used.

  Well, enough for now.   Some of the latter pictures can be seen at:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/553004984dhpqxM?start=60

  I have contacted Fordson House..they want 850 for a used engine.

  Kindest Regards and TIA,

  RickinMt.