[AT] tractor pulling----old style

Bob McNitt nysports at frontiernet.net
Wed Sep 27 16:14:57 PDT 2006

Farmer -

I'm positive you have a lot of company when it comes to your "touch-typing"
style. Having been a professional writer and editor for more than 30 years,
I've been around a lot of excellent writers/typists. One thing I've noticed
is that, despite the classic 10-finger "blind typing method" taught, the
vast majority of people who basically type/write for a living gradually
develop their own style. I've seen some who could type as fast using just
two fingers and their thumbs as those who had remained loyal to the classic
method.

So, whatever works best and feels "right" is the typing method you should
use. And that includes those who use the seek-and-peck method. As I've told
students: "It's not HOW you write, it's how WELL you write."

Bob in NY