[AJD] Oversize piston rings

Duane Larson jdlarson at comcast.net
Tue Sep 26 16:56:15 PDT 2006

John,

I can't see that would be a problem - removing about 0.0075" from each end
(about 0.001% of the ring length) doesn't seem like much.  They probably
stretch that much when they get hot.

When I got my '31 GP going in 1972 I couldn't find any 6" rings so I ground
the ends on G rings (6.125") and put them in.  So far, so good.  And it does
allow you to accomodate some cylinder wear.

I would fit them to get the proper end gap.

Regards,
Duane Larson