[Farmall] Some ads from the 9/23 Lancaster Farming

Greg Hass gkhass at avci.net
Mon Sep 25 10:13:44 PDT 2006

I wonder if the stop bar on the unicorn splitter was only on the newer
models. I have a friend that used to have one; I never saw it however; and
he used it on an older Oliver tractor. That tractor had a 3 pt. hitch with
down pressure and he used it for quite a while without problem. However,
one day he put it on his newer JD. He said he never gave it a thought, but
he got into a tough log that turned real hard. The 3 pt., not having down
pressure, lifted up and the log spun around and bent the splitter shaft and
frame all up. The tractor wasn't hurt, but the splitter was pretty much
destroyed.
Greg Hass