[AT] tractor wreck

captneb captneb at agristar.net
Sun Sep 24 08:32:56 PDT 2006

I can tell you for a fact this works both ways.  I was walking back from
town with the mail, on a clear day, empty street, on the left shoulder...  A
tractor came from behind me, crossed the entire street and ran me down.  It
threw me into the ditch, broke my hand and some ribs.  The driver was losing
something off his trailer and looked back.  He came all the way across the
road, hit me right at the shoulder with his bucket, carrying luckily a feed
bunker.  Six inches higher or lower....   I looked up in amazement before I
passed out to see a huge green monster rolling over me.  Of course I was
blamed for not wearing a WIDE LOAD sign, and everyone in town wondered,
since it was a John Deere, if Linda was driving.  The moral is, folks forget
what lethal weapons they have in their hands when gripping a steering wheel.