[AJD] AR oil filter head

Kenneth Jones kenejons61 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 21 17:07:39 PDT 2006

Welcome back to tractor central !

  Hope your move went smooth.

  Ken Jones

Tommy Wilson <t17wilson at adelphia.net> wrote:
  Well, it's time to work on tractors again. If you remember, after
getting my AR back together it does not have the oil pressure it
should. Several of you suggested that the problem could be a broken
oil filter head caused by someone over tightening the oil filter. The
service manual also mentions a crushing of the oil filter body which
possibly could be corrected by bumping it with a piece of hardwood to
get it back to its normal shape. I'm not usually that lucky but I can
hope! If that doesn't work, it looks like I'll need the filter head
(part # A3357R) and possibly the oil filter head cover (part #
AA3987R). Does anyone have one off of a parts tractor that they would
be willing to part with? Or know where I might find one? Thanks for the info.

PS: Notice the new address! Job relocation from LA back to the home
state of VA. Had to pay to get the tractors moved, but that's for
another post....TW

Tommy Wilson
Warrenton, VA
1950 IH H