[Ford-ferguson] Problem with 601 Workmaster

Don Brown marl at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 20 10:58:47 PDT 2006

My 640 has a problem similar to what you described.  I did two things
that eased the problem.  First I bought a New Holland  TN65.  That
might not work for you.  Secondly I try to keep the gas tank more
than 1/4 full.  A mechanic friend told me there was often a problem
with the filter (?) in the bottom of the tank that would not allow
the tank to use the last few gallons of gas.  The 1/4 is the figure I
use on my gas gauge stick.  If you go the TN65 route, be sure and get
a front end loader.  I'm sure the loader has extended the useful life
of my back by at least ten years.