[AT] Denim Barn Frocks

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Tue Sep 19 22:50:02 PDT 2006

Semantics...

A duster as it used to be was a long coat split in the rear so it would
drape over the horse. A Frock was mainly womans clothes like what is now
considered a sun dress which buttoned up the front. Not to be confused
with a "house coat" which was a covering item to keep you warm during
daily activities.
Start looking in the past at clothing terms and you find interesting
permutations. Things like Bloomers (which were designed by a relative of
mine) which were a shorter version of french pantaloons.