[AT] Denim Barn Frocks

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Tue Sep 19 17:04:25 PDT 2006

Bob McNitt wrote:
> Charlie -
>
> Thanks to you (and everyone else) for doing some investigating. There's
> a bunch of barn coats (men's frocks, if you want) available but the
> majority are in shades of tan, brown, etc. and most come in canvas (a
> few in denim). Those old ones were just your basic blue with heavy
> stitching, 4-6 pockets, brass rivets and certainly nothing fancy, but
> they certainly served the purpose.
>
> I can get along nicely with what's available today, but just for
> nostalgia's sake, I thought it would be nice to wear something that
> served so many of our forefathers (and foremothers) so efficiently.
> Heck, I might even have started a new "yuppie farmette" fashion style.
> Times change, and so do products.At least I can still buy new "old-style
> barn boots" to quickly slip into when I head outdoors for a short time
> in the wet or snow.
>
> Thanks everyone.
>
> Bob in NY

Take a look at Duluth Trading for some HEAVY DUTY work wear. Be advised
that most of their sizes run a bit large for size. The Long Tail
Tees/polos they sell are worth their weight in gold. They are 4" longer
than a standard shirt so they stay tucked regardless of how you bend.

duluthtrading.com  if your interested.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

Pacifism - The theory that if they'd fed
Jeffrey Dahmer enough human flesh,
he'd have become a vegan.