[atis] [AT] Lathes and Mills

Stuart Harner sharner at starband.net
Tue Sep 19 17:27:08 PDT 2006

That would be me.  Sorry, but Atlanta is a bit too far from central North
Dakota.

Actually, I went to a local auction last weekend.  Two of the three lathes
were WAY too big for my shop and the only one that I was interested in went
for more than I wanted to give.  I am still looking and since I am not in a
hurry, I am sure I will find something eventually.

As for MSC, I only tried to do business with them once and had a bad
experience and have been tossing there catalogs unopened every since.  I
have not seen a mailing from them in quite some time, maybe they got the
hint.

After looking at the shop where the auction was, I certainly believe the bit
about shop equipment growing rapidly and shrinking your shop!  Man was that
place packed to the rafters!  Maybe I should build a new shop first.

Stuart