[Farmall] F12 questions

Ross Long relong at dybb.com
Mon Sep 18 18:45:33 PDT 2006

A while back everybody helped me get my F14 running.  I now have it about
finished; the only thing left is to put on the decals.

I went to an auction last weekend to look at another F14 parts tractor, but
there wasn't enough left on it to make it worth while to buy.  They did have
an F12 in the auction and since it was going so cheap I couldn't resist.  It
had been sitting in a barn for 12 years, but I put some gas in it and pulled
it, and it started.  It will need a lot of work, but at least I know the
engine runs and it seems alright.

Now for the questions.  This F12 is a dual fuel and has the primer on the
hood.  The gas lines on it go from the tank to the fuel pump then to the
carb.  Nothing attached to the small tank or the primer.   I would like to
put the lines back to original.  So I need to know how to plumb the lines.
Does anyone have a drawing of how the lines are supposed to be run?

The second thing is to do with the primer, does the top of it screw out or
pull out.  It is rusted and I can't tell.  I don't want to damage it without
knowing how it comes out.

Thanks for the help,

Ross

PS: If anyone would like to see them, here is a link:  Tractor
<http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/relong6/album?.dir=/1c3bre2&.src=ph>
pictures