[AT] Starter motor: troubleshooting?

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Mon Sep 18 15:56:49 PDT 2006

Get the cable from an autoparts store.  If you have a 6 volt system make
sure it is heavy guage.  I forget what size maybe someone else will speak up
but it's needs to be nearly twice as big as the 12 volt cables on your car
or pickup truck because of the high Amp load.

If the autoparts house doesn't have the right cable go to a heavy duty truck
or equipment parts house or maybe even a marine parts house like Boat US,
etc.

Don't skimp on the price of the cable.  Almost as big, almost as expensive
is NOT almost as good.

It should be copper and not steel.  If yours is shiny like steel it might be
tinned with solder.  If it is rusted like steel you've got some strange
battery cables.

Charlie