[AT] Hi-crop Cats?

D8RMAN at aol.com D8RMAN at aol.com
Sun Sep 17 20:03:40 PDT 2006

Mike, That's a great photo of a beautiful CAT. I agree with Richard Walker
that it was more than likely used on a tree farm. Willard Smith

There  was a small tractor show 10/16 in Hillsboro NJ, and Wayne Smith
took some  images that he put up on his Fotki album. There were some nice
looking  tractors and trucks, but the one that caught my eye was of a
couple of "Hi  crop" Caterpillar crawlers. One is a Fifteen and the other
somewhat  smaller. I have never seen anything like that before. The image
can be  seen at  <http://public.fotki.com/SmithFarms/shows/100_3478.html>.

I  suppose they might have been common on the West Coast, but I can't
even  imagine what kind of use they would have around here.

The weather was  damp, and the ground was muddy, so the event was poorly
attended, but it  looks like the exhibitors had fun. Wayne said the
earthmoving types had a  big pile of dirt they were pushing up and then
leveling.

Mike