[AT] Fuel stabilizer

Jason DeJoode jdejoode at highstream.net
Sun Sep 17 11:17:04 PDT 2006

 Especially with the crap gas we have these days, there's no way I'd go
without Stabil.  Actually, I don't care for ethanol in gas used for storage
either.  As if there is any moisture inside the gas tank, even from
condensation, the ethanol can separate from the gas and cause problems.  In
a vehicle that gets run regulary, i run ethanol all the time with no
concerns.

Slipping off topic...but for my motorcycle or snowmobile that is not run for
long periods of time in storage this is what I do:

1. If the machine has had ethanol fuel in it, I run it down to as close to
empty as I can.
2. Add non-ethanol fuel with stabil and run it for awhile to make sure it
gets through the system.
3. Fill the fuel tank completely with the non-ethanol/stabil mix, to reduce
the effects of moisture due to condensation.
4. drain the carbs.

It might be on the side of overkill, but I've had my fill of rebuilding
those mikuni carbs, especially in the motorcycle.

Jason
Eagan, MN