[Farmall] Starter motor: troubleshooting?

James Moran jrmoraninc at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 17 11:19:09 PDT 2006

Dean-
  Even money says it is the ground.  Look for cracks/separation in  the wiring and see if the grounding connection is clean (e.g., paint  build up or the like).
  Jim

Dean Vinson <dean at vinsonfarm.net> wrote:  Spent a nice day yesterday cleaning up the M and tinkering with the fuel
sediment bowl, and just now went to put the tractor back inside.   No
response from the starter.  I confirmed it's getting electricity when I
press the starter button, but no movement, no sound, nothing.  I haven't had
the tractor long but have never previously had trouble with the starter.

My plan is to take it off, look at it, try to rotate it by hand, and see if
anything occurs to me.  Any suggestions on where to look?

Dean Vinson
Dayton, Ohio
www.vinsonfarm.net