[AT] Fuel stabilizer

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Sep 17 10:05:47 PDT 2006

I've heard of this diesel fungus or algae problem but not in Sask. Mine is
stored in a 1000 gallon tank and in 25 or more years has never been a
problem. The pump does not go to the bottom of tank and it has a filter on
the outlet so that should catch anything foreign objects.
Gas is another story. No problem in the big storage tank but most of the old
tractors and vehicles get some bad fuel problems with the fuel in the tanks
over a long period of time. I have recently started using fuel stabilizer in
some of them in hopes it will help. Chainsaw, weed trimmer and assorted lawn
mowers are going to get the same.
Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/