[AT] Fuel stabilizer

captneb captneb at agristar.net
Sun Sep 17 07:33:57 PDT 2006

I have gotten two opposite opinions from people I trust about Stabil fuel
additive.  One says it gums up the carb and should never be used, another
says he can't imagine going into winter without adding it to fuel that won't
be used up relatively soon.  Any experience with this stuff?  Any research
seen?  I am only recently a user of diesel fuel and have been told that
along with keeping fuel running in extreme cold, additives are needed to
prevent "fungus" forming in diesel tanks.  Is my leg being pulled on
this...and believe me, the boys here in town are not above doing that to Ol'
Rog now and again!

Ol' Rog