[Ford-ferguson] 8n Engine swaps

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Fri Sep 15 14:49:43 PDT 2006

I don't know if it is blasphemy, but it might not buy you much. There
used to be Funk conversion kits that would permit you to install Ford
flathead V-8 engines into an N. I think I have seen something along that
line advertised in the "N News". The problem is that, while you might
end up with an interesting conversation piece, you could also end up
wiping out parts of the drive train if you try to do any real work with
the tractor. The Ford N is a 20hp tractor, and trying to make it
anything else really won't get you a whole lot, especially with the N's
limited PTO and lift functions. If you have a bad engine, you can
probably find a replacement that will just drop right in without going
through all the hassle of trying to modify the tractor to make something
else fit.

Of course, if you just want to play around with iron, it is your tractor
to do what you want with it. But remember, when you have stripped the
gears in the transmission or final drive, "I told you so". :-)

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

War is so unjust and ugly that all who wage it must try to
stifle the voice of conscience within themselves.
-Leo Tolstoy, novelist and philosopher (1828-1910)