[AT] OT - Spyware problems

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Thu Sep 14 15:31:39 PDT 2006

charlie hill wrote:
> Linux is just not an option for me.  The appraisal software I use is
> designed around Windows.  It is constantly going online, backing up
> files to an off site location and downloading maps, flood data, etc.
> It's to complicated now.  Trying to make it run with another OS would be
> unbearable. So, I'm locked in to working with Microsoft.  I've bought in
> all the way with the automatic updates and everything they offer except
> that I run Zone Alarm as a firewall and have the  Microsoft firewall
> disabled.
>
> I know  it's popular to bash Windows and I'm not going to say that Linux
> is not better but really I have very few problems with windows and outlook.
>
> Charlie

Charlie,
  What is the software? You do know that you can run a program called
WinE that is a windows emulator program that allows windows programs to
run under Linux.
Also the company may have a version that runs under Linux. You might be
surprised how many companies are porting programs over.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

Pacifism - The theory that if they'd fed
Jeffrey Dahmer enough human flesh,
he'd have become a vegan.