[AT] electrical

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Wed Sep 13 14:31:30 PDT 2006

Greg,

It's been a while since I hooked up a one wire alternator.  If I'm wrong I'm
sure someone will correct me.  The one on my boat engine has a fairly large
guage wire that runs from the + terminal on the alternator, through the amp
guage and to the + terminal of the battery (if I remember right).

It seems to me you could put a switch in the line between the alternator and
the Amp guage.  When you aren't running the tractor for a while open the
switch and that will stop the battery drain.  There are plenty of other ways
to do it but my solution is simple, cheap and easy.

Charlie