[AT] To Scrap or Not to Scrap....

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Mon Sep 11 14:00:00 PDT 2006

On 11 Sep 2006 at 15:43, william.neff.powell at comcast.n wrote:

> I usually list things on ebay before I scrap them... List them without reserve and a $1.00 starting price. I would rather see someone get them before they get melted down... I sold a trip loader for an AC D15 for $20.00..... Was glad to get rid of it....
>
> In fact, last week I listed an old WD45 transmission and rear on ebay, figured it was worth at least $50... 12 people watched, nobody bid... Listed one more week, if that fails I will try pulling the individual parts off.... would rather not do that.... I guess nobody wants to haul it away, or maybe $50 is too much for transmission, rear, and drives...... I still can't scrap it, I know somebody somewhere needs these parts.... I know somebody somewhere is about to pay several hundred for the same parts....
>
> Will Powell
> Pottstown, PA

	Maybe I should mention that I have been known to adopt an
 old hulk or two that was not complete...   <(^¿^)>
	I have too much catching up to do to go as far as Pottstown
right now though. I do plan a trip out to that area in the future since
most of Diana's family came from Lancaster County PA and
almost half of my mothers family came from York County PA and
Harford County Maryland (as far back as I can go).
	Later this winter I will be looking for some parts hulks for a
Farmall F-30 and an Allis WC. I used to have a good WC and
 a couple of parts WC's but I stupidly sold them. I was wishing
Saturday that I had not sold the Oliver 88 Diesel and the Allis WD
 I had. I went to a plow day Saturday...
	Now that I have retired from the grain farming as well as the store
we are planning a couple of non-business trips for next year. On one
slightly shorter trip I won't be able to haul any tractor stuff though
because we are planning on making it on two wheels...   <(^¿^)>

--
"farmer"

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be
continually fearing you will make one."
Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

Refurbished Shopsmith's
Good used SPT's