[Farmall] Generator/regulator update: Eyes open

Jim Becker jim.becker at verizon.net
Sat Sep 9 21:08:48 PDT 2006

The switch you have will work fine.  Wire it NOT using the switch to control
the field.  Hard wire the generator F to a direct ground on the generator.
Then the ground of the light switch won't make any difference.  Wire the
rest of it using the cut-out diagram.  This MAY charge the 8-volt battery.

If you get it charging this way, you can IF YOU WANT then try wiring the
generator F to the light switch to get the H L to work.  Then the switch
will need to be grounded.

I doubt that it will charge an 8-volt battery if you us the regulator as a
regulator.

Jim Becker        jim.becker at verizon.net