[AT] Old JD

Dave Merchant nesys_com at ameritech.net
Fri Sep 8 08:43:32 PDT 2006

I'm not on the JD forum, posting this for a friend.

A friend of said friend recently pulled an unstyled JD B out of the woods,
just before the farmer took a torch to it. Farmer had already cut off +
scrapped
an unspecified implement off the back end. Had a tree thru the back wheel,
enough that it had raised the tractor off the ground. Fortunately he cut the
tree above + below, left the part thru the wheel.

Flat spoke cutoffs.
S/N B384xx
Kerosene, has remains of the shutters.

It was stuck, but he got the block off it and has it unstuck, expect he'll
get it running.

The interesting part is it's orange from the factory, orange under the
brass tag.
I assume it was a highway dept machine, the implement was probably a sickle
bar.
The only green is the cylinder block, painted orange over green, all the rest
is factory orange to the metal.

He wanted to repaint it green, we're working on talking him out of it.

Question - what is approx value unrestored + restored, left orange or
repainted green?

I've already told him to leave the tree trunk, restore it orange, and don't
paint under the brass tag.

Any more thoughts?

Dave

Dave Merchant