[AT] Off topic, Jiffy Lube.

Louis louis at kellnet.com
Mon Sep 4 16:42:25 PDT 2006

I know this is hearsay.  I have a friend, who's cousin worked at one of
these quick oil change places.  He said they ran the drain oil through a
series of filters and then put it back in the engines of cars that came
through.

Also, once I took my 1989 F-250 to one of those quick change places.  I
didn't have the time to do the lube job myself.  I knew the pan held 7 qts +
1 qt for the filter.  This was a place where they pulled the vehicle in and
you sat in a waiting room.  When the truck was finished, I went up to pay.
The guy told me that they put 5 qt of oil in the engine.  I told him they
were 3 qts short.  He insisted they checked the dipstick.  I said, I will
make you a deal.  Let's go out and check the dipstick.  If it show the oil
is full, I will pay you double.  If it shows the oil is down 3 qts, you owe
me the oil change for free.  He thought he had me and said sure.  Well, I
got the oil change for free, plus the 3 additional qts of oil.

Lou