[AT] transplanters

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Mon Sep 4 10:20:25 PDT 2006

Just saw 4 hand transplanters go for sale at auction last week---pretty
cheap--about $20 ea.
I think the N.C. Agricultural Review may have a website----see if you can
find one for sale there. Thery are still popular with gardners.

There were plenty of one row planters but most of them were abandoned in the
70's for 2 row jobs. Now most(practically all) of them have been junked for
modern carousel planters for greenhouse raised plants. We used to plant
tomatoes with ours and it worked well. As for the one row units, I don't
know if you could mount them on anything besides an offset IH---at least
thats where the water barrel went. I'm sure it could be done on other
tractors with some creative engineering.. All the old units I ever saw were
made by Holland.

John