Spam/Phish> Re: [AT] Towing

Al Jones aljones at ncfreedom.net
Sat Sep 2 11:11:18 PDT 2006

Granddaddy always referred to his as tobacco "carts."  One of my "one of
these days" projects is to reconstruct one.  I think we have enough bits
& pieces to get the dimensions right.  He used one old one for years as
it made the perfect utility trailer for the super A since the trailer
tread matched the width of the tractor tread.

IIRC they were just made out of pine lumber.  We also have an old hog
trailer he built, out of oak with a steel frame and a car axle under it.
It was pretty tough.  I hated that trailer; the back gate was two boards
which slipped up and down. It was usually my lot to control the gate.
If I missed and let a hog out, I usually got fussed at.... The trailer
is under a shelter that collapsed last year in Ophelia, haven't made
time to drag it out.

Al