[AT] RE: Tubes and tires/fixes / barnyard repair

Bob McNitt nysports at frontiernet.net
Fri Sep 1 06:06:13 PDT 2006

We live in "upstate" NY, about 30 miles due north of Binghamton. Following
the "100-year flood" that hit our region in late June, we've had almost 3X
our normal rainfall, including almost 7 inches in August. With the remnants
of Ernesto heading our way, it won't take all that much rainfall to re-flood
those poor souls who got hammered in June.

Our place isn't in a flood plain, but we still had almost 3 feet of water in
the basement on June 28, and the rapid inflow overwhelmed our 1 1/2-inch
sump pump. So, just to be on the safe side this time, yesterday I installed
a 2nd pump. If two 1 1/2-inchers can't keep up this time, just about
everyone in this part of the state will be getting flooded ... again.

Strange, strange weather this year.