[AT] Air compressor

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Sun Oct 29 15:09:37 PST 2006

	I wanted to have my compressor at the far end of the shop so I just used
common air hose... It seems to handle air just fine...   ;-)   It is a
little larger than the working hoses. I have a couple of "Tee's" in the line
for branches. Since my shop is so sophisticated I have it hanging on a few
nails up along a beam. It works fine. Someone tried to tell me that it had
to have proper fall and no low spots but guess what, when I roll my working
air hose up it has a big low spot in every single loop. I have a couple of
cheap hand crank reels I plan to mount and each time the hose goes around it
there is a low spot in the hose. I no longer worry about low spots.   ;-)
	I have not done it on this compressor but on my old one I had the drain
plumbed up to the side where I could just reach over and drain it now and
then. I don't get this one drained nearly as often as I should.
I could get pretty excited about moving it to another building since I hate
listening to it run. I have a building (former crib/bin that is wired for
heavy 220 loads (crop dryer) and I am making it into a sort of "shop annex"
since I have retired and don't need it for grain. It is only about 30 feet
away. It is 21 feet in diameter and 30 feet tall. I still have some hay in
there but I have room to move that now. This will give me a place for a lot
of stuff that I need to move out of the shop.

--
"farmer"

The brave may not live forever but the easily frightened may never live at
all.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA
robinson at svs.net