[AT] funny..

Al Jones aljones at ncfreedom.net
Sun Oct 29 11:44:09 PST 2006

John, What base was that?

Down here at the coast, some of my wife's family was displaced when they
built Camp Davis at Holly Ridge.  TRACTOR CONTENT: A history instructor
at Cape Fear Community College has just written a good book about the
history of the base.  His father was Wilbur Tyndall, who owned the JD
museum in Pink Hill.  Small world.

My Granddaddy and great-Granddaddy got jobs as carpenters constructing
the base.  Not much is left today, the base was closed after the war.
Camp Lejune owns most of the land now but the air strip is still back
there in the woods, I am told, and you can still spy a brick chimney
here and there from the base.

Al