[AT] Air compressor

Greg Hass gkhass at avci.net
Sun Oct 29 05:59:31 PST 2006

I agree that you should use a hose between the compressor and the piping
system. Also, it would seem that hydraulic hose would be ideal because it
is so strong. However, I have two cousins that put in new compressors
within the last 3 years. Both used a 3 or 4 foot piece of hydraulic hose to
connect to the piping system. In both cases the hoses were new and in both
cases the hoses developed a couple of large air bubbles between the layers
of whatever they are made of. Its been over 2 years and neither hose has
blown or developed a leak, but it makes it look like ----. Why it does that
with air and not oil I do not know but I wonder if some kind of air hose
would be better, although finding a short piece could be a problem. Not
trying to cause anyone a problem, just sharing an experience.
Greg Hass
Michigan