[AT] funny..

Phil Auten pga2 at hot1.net
Sun Oct 29 06:32:37 PST 2006

I've long been interested in old cemeteries. My wife and I found an antebellum
family cemetery in Georgia a few years ago out in the middle of a clear-cut
area. We also learned, on that same trip, the location of the site of a great-
grandfather's burial, unmarked, in the churchyard plot of another family.
My sister-in-law is the family genealogist. She just returned from a week long
trip to Alabama searching several cemeteries for family members. She had
a good "spooking" :o) in one rural cemetery "out in the woods in the middle of
nowhere". She just couldn't continue and left. We'll have to go back later so
she can find out if there's anyone there from the family.
Several years ago, after attending the Fredricksburg, Texas tractor and engine
show at Stonewall, Texas, We stopped at a former church cemetery nearby
(the church has moved). There, I found a grave with a special marker
on it denoting
the person interred within was "a citizen of the Republic of Texas".
He had lived in
Texas when it was it's own country, prior to becoming part of the U.S.
Fascinating, to me!

Phil