[AT] Monte Carlo Tractor Gas Guage

Larry Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Sat Oct 28 10:38:12 PDT 2006

Could be Murray, could be MTD.  Either company will put your name on
the hood if you have enough of them made.

You have inadvertently refined a concept that I want to pursue with
my most recent tractor project.  I got an Economy Jim Dandy that came
with a 3-point Trac-Vac.  The sheet metal on the Trac-Vac is shot,
but the rest of it is good.  The hoses are missing (no big thing) and
the trailer rotted away years ago.  Redirecting the sheetmetal (and
patching it) will give me a cadillac of a leaf blower for cleaning up
around the oak and maple trees at the church lot that I'm caring
for.  That will certainly be more efficient for me than running my
sidedelivery rake (Northen Tool) all over the property.  Thanks, Bill.

Larry

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006, William Powell wrote...

>Hello,
>
>I have a 1973 Monte Carlo Lawn Tractor. 8 hp.
>
>It smokes a bit but just keeps on running. I use it more than my big
>tractors. Hauls my firewood and tows my leaf blower.
>
>It has one of the gas gauges that fits into the top of the tank. I
believe
>it is the type that has a cork ride up and down to turn the needle.
The