[AJD] OT Windows XP Pro--Mailboxes

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Thu Oct 26 17:28:41 PDT 2006

Gary Epps wrote:
> I need help.  Can anyone tell me where Window XP Pro puts the Outlook Express mailboxes.  I have a new computer and I am trying to move my old XP Home mailboxes to XP Pro.  I have  had no luck finding where they are stored.  Does XP Pro use the .dbx suffix for mailboxes like XP Home does?
>
> Thank you for whatever help you can give me.
>
> Gary

Gary,
  Open outlook Express.
Now go to Tools/Options
Go to the Maintenance tab and find the "Store Folder" button at the bottom.
Click on it and it will show you the path to the folder with your
messages in it. You can change the message store to any folder location
you want BUT back up the original first.
What I do on machines running OE is to create a new folder in Windows
Explorer, then I copy the message files out of the original folder to my
new folder. Then open OE and change the store folder location to the new
file. It will tell you that there is already a message store there and
ask you if you want to use it. Click yes and you will now know where the
messages are and can make a backup of the file when you want.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York