[AJD] OT Opinions on buying parts

TSmith1499 at aol.com TSmith1499 at aol.com
Wed Oct 25 19:45:31 PDT 2006

Okay, I bet I can start a real firestorm with this question.

John Deere dealers are being forced to order more parts than they really
need for some things. An example would be that a customer wants a  certain odd 2
cylinder part. We do not stock it, because we have not sold  any in 2-3 years
so we have to order it. When I go to order the part it says  that it comes in
quantities of 2 per package. Now my customer only needs  one and I don't want
the other one in stock. The part is only $1.50. How would  you feel if the
dealer told you that the only way he will order the part is if  you buy them
both?  I am trying to get some feedback on this subject and I  thought I would go
to the best source possible. All of us buying parts. I know  how I feel being
on both sides of the counter, but I will withold  my thoughts until later.
This was a topic being discussed at a dealership.

Tom &  Beth Smith
Mount Airy, MD.
Tsmith1499 at aol.com
1942 JD LA