[AT] It's high time part 1

Kevin ironman1962 at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 25 19:36:10 PDT 2006

OK.   It's high time we White people get over our collective guilt and stop trying to be so dern politically correct when it comes to everyone else.

Yes, some nasty things happened when our ancestors came here and forced themselves into a place occupied by the natives.   That's long over and done with.   No one alive today participated in any of that, trust me.   History is a series of cultural depredations.   That was one of them.   End of story.

OK, yes again, civil rights for Blacks was probably overdue, and was a struggle, but that too has been dealt with.   Black people have been enjoying equality for decades now, so let's get over that too.   As we're seeing today, Blacks can be racists too, so enough with the guilt.  Not a single person alive today imported, bought, or housed slaves in the United States.   I guarantee it.   No more cringing.

Now it's the Mexicans, who somehow have rights in a country they've entered illegally.   Immigrants are welcome.   Always have been.  The difference between legal and illegal, though, is that we get to pick and choose the legal ones.   Some of the illegal ones just may be people we'd call undesirable.   Let's decide by looking at their behavior while here.   Refusing to learn our language or take any other steps to assimilate is a clue.

OK.  On to the Big One:  Muslim fanatics.   I confess to embracing the idea of multi-culturism until I wised up.   It seemed exciting to visit different parts of town and see different cultures acting out in their own ways;  the different clothing, foods, music, and yes, even the sound of a different language.   Things changed when I wasn't looking.   Now Muslim radicals want to change OUR country around to suit the way they think.   Needless to say, the way they think is foreign to our standard values.   Some of them think they should be allowed to get their driver's license photo while wearing a burqa, or have no photo at all, for instance.  That doesn't seem to conform to our traditional ideas about identifying a person, making them responsible.   Others want to punish us here in our own country if we behave in ways that doesn't conform to their beliefs;  cab drivers won't pick up a fare that's carrying alchohol, some individuals want to punish women who model for nude magazines, some have been quoted as desiring to have the quran as the supreme law of the land.   Now just  a minute !