[AT] New to the list

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Tue Oct 24 18:43:57 PDT 2006

Welcome to the list.

 The 982 is the oldest Cadet I can remember to use an Onan. They came out
some time in the '80's. There was also a diesel, Kubota I believe, offered
in the 782. And there were several models to use Briggs about this time. I
know the 382 had it  and possibly the 582 special. Can't remember the models
of the little fiberglass ones. All of these came about the time Kohler went
to making the notorious KT17 piece of junk. Thank the Lord they went to the
Magnums for the next series. My point being here is that not all Cadets came
with single cylinder Kohlers!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of the 982 I believe it was the biggest Cadet built at that time,
presumably a replacement for the 184. I ran some of its replacements,
2072's. Wonderful machines. both were hard to sell because back in those
days people wouldn't drop that kind of money on a lawnmower. I think they
sold in the $7-8,000 price range.

John Hall