[AT] 4020's coming back?

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Oct 23 11:14:02 PDT 2006

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/
----- Original Message -----
From: Greg Hass <gkhass at avci.net>
To: Antique tractor email discussion group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 11:28 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] 4020's coming back?

. Now that I'm much older, I'm getting tired just thinking
> about all the switching of machinery which we did day after day for much
of
> the summer. During the summer this same tractor pulled an IH number 64
> combine with Cub engine to harvest the grain. In the fall we used it to
run
> a 1 row corn picker, in fact one fall, and I still don't know how we did
> it; we picked 110 acres with this tractor.
> Greg Hass

Your situation reminds me of my Dad's for his early farming years. One
Cockshutt 50 to do all the work year round on this mixed farm of 400 acres.
Lots of belt work on the hammer mill, wood saw. Snowplowing all winter with
the v plow as well as hauling manure from the barn. The usual planting,
harrowing and summerfallowing through the summer. Then at harvest time he
would hitch on the 12 foot Massey swather to cut the crop, or in some cases
hitch on the little Case model A combine and harvest straight.
Like you I wish that tractor had an hour meter. It has had numerous engine
re-builds and a lot of parts replaced but to me its still "Dad's old 50"