[AT] Massey Harris

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Fri Oct 20 19:16:02 PDT 2006

	We had a neighbor over on the next road west back when I was a kid that had
3 new Massey Harris tractors along about 1952 or 1953. They seemed large
back then but I suspect two were two bottom tractors and the other a three.
I can't remember any other Massey's in the community at all. I don't recall
there ever being a dealer here in this county and I have no idea where he
bought them. We used Ford, Ferguson and a Deere MC at that time. A neighbor
behind us had Case and Allis. The guy across the road had Allis, Ford and
Oliver. A pair of brothers across one fence had two new Deere B's. Another
neighbor that used to bale straw for us had all Minnie. There were a herd of
small Minnie dealers here but they were not exactly common in the fields.
Farms here were mostly 40 to 150 acres at that time and a Farmall M or Deere
A was a big tractor here then. Lots of old B Deere's and old F series
Farmall's.
	I do recall Massey's being at the county fair then but I have no idea where
the dealer was located.

--
"farmer"

The brave may not live forever but the easily frightened may never live at
all.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA
robinson at svs.net