[AT] Moving on...

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Thu Oct 19 18:50:59 PDT 2006

	Quick note... Walt has been like a metal splinter in your thumb for many of
us for some time, not all that important but a minor irritation just when
you are under pressure. His final attack on my whole life didn't really
bother me; I don't expect everybody to like me. I was though quite annoyed
when he attacked the character of most of this list. I have been sharing
both serious stuff and nonsense with this group about 10 years (sometimes
maybe too much) and don't like seeing it attacked as a group much like I
feel about family. I may give them hell but nobody else can.   ;-)    Walt
was always an outsider like the elephant in the living room that everybody
tries to pretend isn't there. It seems that the splinter is no longer in the
thumbs of many of us...
	Hopefully we can now just move on and talk tractors. I don't think there is
much to be gained by hanging Walt in effigy now that he is gone. As annoying
as he could be at times and as hard as it could be to make him see that his
often expressed attitude of arrogance alienated many on the list, he was not
"all" bad. I do want to say if the messages are reread "honestly" then I
believe anyone can see that he was not "attacked" for trying to help
someone. I simply took him to task for blowing off about the character of
most of the list, most my long time friends, not for trying to help someone.
	I believe that in all of the years Spencer has had this list this only the
second person he has removed... That says a lot about Spencer's patience
with us...   :)   A lot of people didn't like Walt and there were a lot of
people that Walt didn't like but it seems really silly to start choosing
sides at this point now that the situation is completely over...
	Now the difference between those dang green and yellow tractors and those
fine red ones is worth arguing over...   ;-)

Thanks Spencer...

--
"farmer"

The brave may not live forever but the easily frightened may never live at
all.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA
robinson at svs.net