[Steam-engine] Wachs Engine and Boiler update

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Thu Oct 19 05:20:48 PDT 2006

  G'day all;
Thought I'd jump in for a sec. and give an update.

  Friend and I had the priviledge to run a small vertical this past summer.
We learned A LOT as newbee's, were supervised well and have somewhat "the
warm fussy now."

  Last weekend we went to a small auction and picked up a nice cast, octagon
base and grates which will fit our boiler nicely....also the stack flange.
The boiler was toast.

  Calculated "Heating Surface Area" on our boiler and came up with 89 square
feet....yesterday ordered the pop off and fusible plug.  In case you don't
remember the chief gave us 100 psi on our VFT, 2 row rivet lap-seam.

   So life is good in "The Big Sky," will continue to pipe the boiler to
engine and also the feedwater circuit.  Plan is to use Sch. 80 as rumors
have surfaced that they may require that in the future.  We also got our
second Penberthy 1/2 inch injector and am cleaning that up now.

   Well enough for now..hope you all are having a great time with your
steam...we sure are.

Best Regards,
RickinMt.