[Farmall] Travelall

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Wed Oct 18 18:42:50 PDT 2006

> Yes, That was an A series Travelall that followed me from Western
> Colorado.

Mike, I'm not at all educated about these things.  What does "A series"
mean?  Certain year group?

Dad had an old Travelall in the late 60s, maybe up to the early 70s.  I want
to say it was a 1961 model.  Big green thing, bench seats in the back.  Rear
tailgate that we used to ride on and drag our feet in the dirt lane going
back to the old A-frame cabin Dad was building on some land he'd bought.
Could the upper part of the rear doors have been hinged at the sides,
opening to the left and right, which then enabled the tailgate to be
lowered?  Seems to me there were two halves to that upper door, not just one
big one that opened upwards, but it's been a lot of years.

Best part was the floor deck, some sort of black rubber as I recall, which
was amazing stuff:  used to rock me right to sleep on the way home from a
long weekend camping or working on the cabin, even though I was sharing the
floor space with a couple of brothers and a chainsaw and some axes and a few
smoke-smelling canvas bags full of whatever supplies were left over, and the
dog.

Dean Vinson
Dayton, Ohio
www.vinsonfarm.net