[AJD] D John Deere cooling capacity

Scott_Manlove at Hill-Rom.Com Scott_Manlove at Hill-Rom.Com
Wed Oct 18 09:31:31 PDT 2006

Gary,

Styled D is 14 gal.

29 or 30 degrees can break the block.  It's happened to me.  On the other
hand I've seen a 5 degrees on a 420 only push out the freeze plug.

Scott Manlove
Southeastern Indiana

"Gary Epps" <garyepps at fidnet.com>
Sent by: antique-johndeere-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com
10/18/2006 11:17 AM
Please respond to
Antique John Deere mailing list

<jdat at mylist.net>, <antique-johndeere at lists.antique-tractor.com>
cc

Subject
[AJD] D John Deere cooling capacity

Can anyone tell me how many gallons of water the cooling system on a D
holds.  The owners manual just says to fill it up.  I want to mix
antifreeze
and water so I don't have to keep draining it.  Another thought, how long
would it take to do any frost damage at 29 or 30 degrees?  Any ideas?

Gary
In the Ozark Mountains of southern Missouri in the south central part of
the
USA, where both life and I move slowly.