[AT] Sloppy steering on Farmall Super A

Howard Rawls howard at cconnect.net
Sun Oct 15 18:40:10 PDT 2006

Hey folks, I've been lurking on this list for quite a while and now I have a
question or series of questions. Has anyone ever rebuilt the steering "box"
on a Farmall Super A ??? My girl friend has one and I promised her I would
fix it if it is practical to do so. The steering wheel has exactly 1/2 turn
of lost motion in it. The manual that she has says that the steering box is
"non-adjustable", so what are the chances that just replacing the worn
bearings or bushings would reduce the lost motion to a reasonable amount?
Are there any sources for parts?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Howard Rawls