Subject: [Ford-ferguson] Some ads from teh 10/14 Lancaster Farming

Richard D Lotze rdlotze at juno.com
Sun Oct 15 15:52:26 PDT 2006

Mike:

Ford Super County diesel tractor, four wheel drive, been sitting, ran
when parked, engine not stuck, $2,500 obo. Ocean, NJ 609-965-5398. {I
used to work for a New Holland dealer, but I never heard of this
tractor.]

These were made in England out English Fordson (and later Ford ) tractors
in both 4 and 6 cylinder versions. They are 4 wheel drive with all 4
wheels the same size. The company called County did the conversion. Very
few were imported into the U.S. At one point Ford dealers did sell them.
I have seen one at work and several at shows.
Did you ever see a Doe Triple D Conversion? Doe took two English
Fordsons, took front wheels off of both tractors and made a hinge
arrangement to attach front of rear tractor to rear of front tractor and
remote controls to front tractor. It was driven from rear seat by bending
the front tractor an angle to rear tractor. They even made some with
seleto-speed transmissions. The one guy told me "you knew the two
tractors were in different gears if one engine was smoking so you had
jiggle one of the selecto-speeds."

Dick