[AT] Case LA LPG on Ebay

Grant Brians gbrians at hollinet.com
Sun Oct 15 15:51:47 PDT 2006

In answer to Dudley's question about the largest farm tractor during (or
prior) to WWII, there is a question that needs to be asked. Here in
California where Crawler tractors were and are commonly used in the farm
fields, the Cat D8 of that era was actually quite common. The drawbar HP
(the only way it was rated) exceeded 100HP. Even earlier there were quite a
few 100HP plus steam tractors used in the great plains and California. Those
Steam tractors were wheel tractors.
    I don't remember without going in to disturb my wife's nap how many HP
the Oliver 90 had, but that also was offered prewar, I think it was in the
same range as the Case LA.
        Grant Brians
        Hollister California