[AT] The Hunnert Car Pileup

kgw gwaugh at wowway.com
Sun Oct 15 06:04:10 PDT 2006

It isn't tractors or old engines, but I went to the darndest car show
with my (ex) son-in-law, some of his friends and my granddaughter yesterday.

"The Hunnert Car Pileup"  http://www.hunnertcarpileup.com/  At the
moment, they have exceeded their bandwidth, but this was a large show at
the Grundy County Speedway in Morris, IL  (on IL 47 about 1 mile north
of I-80).  The theme is "classic" rods.  But classic in the sense of the
rods themselves, not the original cars.  We saw stuff that has been
sitting in garages barns & sheds for years because it is "out of date,
out of style".  Flatheads were everywhere, and I have never seen so many
hopped up straight chevy sixes in one place!  That was something I
always wanted to do but never got a 'roundtuit'---set up a straight 6
with an Offy twin intake, etc., etc.

Even if not a car nut (as I am not), this is a show that any fan of old
stuff will probably enjoy!