[AT] OT: What are the odds??

Alan Riley arr44 at cox.net
Sat Oct 14 10:26:06 PDT 2006

Yesterday evening I had to be taken to the emergency room of one
of the local hospitals.  I was having extreme difficulty breathing and
went on the advise of my family doctor.  Nothing unusual about that.

About 15 years ago I made my only other trip to the emergency room
after my wife and I were rear-ended while stopped at a red light.
Nothing unusual about that either.

So, two ER trips in my 62 years...not too bad.  What IS unusual is that
each of those trips occurred on a Friday the 13th.  What are the odds
of that happening??  If there is a mathematician in the group, I sure would
be interested in knowing.   Maybe I should run out and buy a Powerball
ticket!

Alan Riley
Deville, LA