[Farmall] Steering gear lube

Paul Sigmund pwsigmund at verizon.net
Thu Oct 12 14:02:20 PDT 2006

I used JD corn head lube in the steering reservoir on my 340U (with PS), and
it (so far) has cured the leakage thru the seals on the side steering arms.
I did not replace the seals.  Basically it is a lighter grease ( #1 vs #2 as
I recall) than the standard bearing grease.  But it is indeed a solid, and I
had to pump it in via a grease gun.  My 340 required about 3 1/2 tubes.
Worked for me.