[Steam-engine] Huber Lives!

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 12 06:54:34 PDT 2006

Finally got all of the leakers to a managable level
and Dad worked on the throttle yesterday so we decided
to build a fire. Everyone was right about Hubers being
slow to steam. It took about 2.5 hours for the needle
to come off of the pin from a cold start. I don't
guess that was to bad. The throttle seemed a lot less
leaky when it had a little steam pressure behind it. I
only steamed it to about 45 psi and ran the engine a
bit. Next time I build a fire I will run it up to
100psi to see how the pop valve will act. I made a
couple of calls while on the engine and left a couple
of Whistle-O-Grams on their voice mail

BTW Brice, I tried to call you but the number I have
is no good?

Andy Glines
Evansville, IN