[AT] fuel stabilizers

David Tiefenbrunn davidtief at adelphia.net
Wed Oct 11 16:36:08 PDT 2006

I have been using these:

PRI-G
http://www.priproducts.com/index.htm

Amsoil PI
https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/api.aspx

The PI I use in the gas for my 2cycle fuel, along with the Amsoil 100:1
2cycle oil.  I have been using this setup for over ten years, no trouble
with either the chain saw or the brush cutter or blower (all Stihl).
Sometimes, the gas gets to be a year old, still no troubles.  I also use
the PI in the cars.

The Pri-G I have been using in already stale gas, running my beater car.
Almost a year now, no trouble.  With the worst stale stuff, I have to mix
50/50 with new gas, but so far, al lot of not so bad stale gas ran fine
straight, just an occasional fill with new.

A related question - What exactly happens to make gas "stale"?
Temporarily ignoring the possible contamination of water, etc.  I assume
mostly the lighter, more volatile molecules evaporate, leaving the heavier
stuff.  Are there names for these components?

Dave

David Tief.  N1WWY
Visit our web page at: http://users.adelphia.net/~davidtief/
Fight Spam: http://www.hostedscripts.com/scripts/antispam.html